Everyone yearns for healthy and beautiful shiny hair. Be it any gender, strong hair is one of the most important things as they age. A combination of healthy hair and overall health is a win-win situation for almost anybody. Therefore, a balanced diet is the key to achieve the required balance. It is a fact that genetics play an important role in defining the kind of hair you have.
Some individuals have great hair, while others groom their hair overtime to achieve the perfection they desire. For those, who are old age, hair fall is a common issue. Hence, for old age women, Headcurve’s short hair for women over 60 is one of the best options for good looking hair.
Natural diet and exercise can help in overall growth of a person. If you are looking for different foods for great hair and overall health, worry not, we have got you covered. This article lists below seven different kinds of foods that can help you greatly.
7 Foods That Are Not Only Good For Your Hair But For Your Overall Health
- Due to the presence of vitamin A, carrots can help boost the health of your hair. With the intake of vitamin A, sebum oil is formed in the scalp which helps to keep the hair moisturized. Therefore, moisturized hair means strong and healthy hair. Not only this, carrots are good for your vision too and they keep the blood flowing. Smooth blood flow helps achieve glowing and clear skin.
2.Indian gooseberry (Amla)
- Amla can either be eaten or you can apply its juice on your hair directly. Enriched with vitamin C and antioxidants, Amla has been used as a hair oil in India for centuries. It increases the overall density of hair while enhancing the shine. Nowadays, Amla powder is also available in the market. It can be mixed with other powders like shikakai powder to make a paste. This paste can then be applied on hair.
- These are full of fibers and nutrients. This is regarded a super food for beautiful wavy hair. Not only this, whole grains help in prevention of diseases like diabetes, constipation, and obesity. These are recommended after meals as they assist in digestion. Remember, a happy stomach is vital for overall health!
- Salmon includes vitamin D, protein and omega-3 fatty acids. Protein and vitamin D are key ingredients for a strong scalp, while omega-3 fatty acids are helpful in keeping the hair hydrated. Hydrated scalp yields shiny hair which in turn tosses out the unhealthy roots of the previously dry hair. Apart from this, Salmon is good for body builders as it fulfills their need for protein intake for muscle growth.
- Rich in biotin and vitamin B, eggs are very essential for health and strength of your hair. If you yearn for lustrous hair, biotin is the answer. Biotin is also used in shampoos and hair conditioners. Moreover, overall protein intake of the body is fulfilled through the yolk of the egg. Yolk contains all the cholesterol and fats of the egg, and almost half the amount of protein.
- Androgen hormone is responsible for dandruff or hair loss. Low levels of androgen hormone causes an empty scalp over time. Oysters are a remedy to this issue because they contain the key element zinc. Zinc fosters the production of androgen hormone, which stops hair fall. Likewise, Oysters are also low in calorie, low in fat, and full of protein which is ideal for body growth. They also enhance testosterone production which helps in maintaining a healthy sperm.
- Lettuce, spinach, and broccoli are some green foods which are a prodigious source of vitamin A and vitamin C. These vitamins assist in producing sebum, which is a natural hair moisturizer. Natural vegetables are always a good idea no matter where you are or what age group you belong to. Remember, natural diet is never bad for your overall health. They offer a wide range of benefits that include reduced heart diseases and obesity. Moreover, they help in lowering the blood pressure too.
- It is important to maintain a healthy diet for healthy hair and your overall well-being. You can create a diet plan based on the foods suggested above. Stick to the diet plan for at least a month and you shall start witnessing the results. Your hair will speak for themselves when you look in the mirror or go out and get tons of compliments, or at least admiring looks.
- Also, these foods will enhance your bodily health. You shall look and feel like a transformed person once you try these foods in a routine. The key to a healthy life is eating natural food and drinking lots of water. Above all, health is wealth!