Erectile Dysfunction is referred to as the failure to sustain the erection or stiffness of the male reproductive organ for a prolonged period of time. It is also referred to as Impotence as the person is not able to engage in intercourse of satisfactory level. The frequency of sexual impotence tends to increase with age. It is more common in men over age 40.
Erectile Dysfunction is generally caused due to various physiological and psychological reasons like stress, smoking, alcoholism, obesity, high cholesterol, heart problems, metabolic disorders and due to circulation problems. Treatment of ED focuses on addressing the underlying psychological and physiological concerns leading to the problem.
According To Ayurveda
- Ayurveda approaches the treatment of Erectile Dysfunction using certain herbal remedies. The treatment has no side effects and people are able to quick results with natural herbs.
What are The Best Herbs for Erectile Dysfunction
1. Indian Ginseng (Withania somnifera):
- Indian Ginseng or Ashwagandha is a miracle herb in treating Erectile Dysfunction and other sexual disorders. It helps to improve the sperm count and fertility in men by regulating hormone levels, balancing the male hormone testosterone and reducing stress. It helps in making cells healthier and at the same time, it boosts mental health.
- Ashwagandha is readily available in stores in powdered form or as root extracts and in capsule form.
2. Asparagus racemaosus (Shatavari):
- The herb Asparagus racemosus is considered as “curer of many diseases” in Ayurveda. The herb is known to improve male sexual health as it improves circulation, calms the nerves and increase the sperm count. The roots of this plant are used for medicinal purposes. This herb works as an aphrodisiac and acts as a stimulant.
- Shatavari is readily available in stores in tincture and as powder form.
How to Make
- At home, one may boil 15 grams of dried roots of asparagus in a cup of milk and take the mixture daily to cure impotency.
3.Safed Musli or Chlorophytum boriviianum
- Safed Musli herb helps in boosting the sperm count. It is available in both powdered form and as capsules in the stores.
How to Take
- Only 2 grams of Safed Musli taken daily can help to fix the problem.
4. Cassia Cinnamon:
- Cassia Cinnamon extract is very useful in treating ED by improving sexual function.
5. Saw Palmetto:
- Saw Palmetto is a very effective herb in treating Erectile Dysfunction and improving the sperm count.
- Saffron is an age-old remedy to treat infertility as it relaxes the nerves and arouse sexual desire. One may consume it in food or use it as a massage oil to improve sexual vigor and treat ED.
- Exercis as in walking, running, light aerobic exercise or a good cardio workout is very beneficial as it keeps one fit and healthy and also improves the flexibility and blood circulation which ultimately improves the erection.
- Practicing Yoga along with stretching, meditation, breathing exercises help in reducing stress and improving circulation. It keeps a person healthy and overcome impotency easily. Yoga promotes healthy levels of testosterone.
What are The Natural Ways to Treat Erectile Dysfunction
1.Consuming Drumstick powder or Lady finger root powder:
How to Make
- One can boil a handful of drumsticks or 15 grams of drumstick flowers or 10 grams of lady finger root powder in a cup of milk and drink the mixture daily for at least 3 months. This helps to cure ED permanently. Both drumstick and ladyfinger are useful in treating sexual debility and functional sterility in males. It helps with thinness of semen also.
2.Carrot, Eggs and Honey:
- Chopped carrots with one half boiled egg and a spoon of honey should be taken regularly by the patient for at least one full month. This mixture helps in treating ED efficiently as it builds up sexual stamina.
- Including Garlic in diet helps in treating sexual impotence. It is an effective antiseptic and immune booster and a sex rejuvenator. It improves sexual activities and helps those who over indulge in sex from nervous exhaustion.
How to Take
- Regular chewing of 3 cloves of garlic helps in producing healthy sperms.
- Including Onions in diet is also beneficial for treating sexual impotence. Onions are best libido enhancers. A fried crushed onion may be taken with some honey on empty stomach daily, helps in treating Premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction and involuntary loss of semen during sleep.
Including Ginger in diet also treats ED as ginger helps in overcoming sexual weakness.
How to Take
- It is recommended to take half a spoon of ginger juice with half boiled egg and honey before bed time for a month. Two spoons of ginger paste with two spoons of honey can be taken twice a day to cure Erectile Dysfunction.
- Pomegranate juice is a natural remedy for Erectile Dysfunction as it is rich in anti-oxidants and helps in improving blood circulation throughout the body especially to genital areas. Consuming Pomegranate juice helps in maintaining erections for prolonged period of time.
- Ayurveda recommends including raisins, dried dates, mixed with almonds, pistachio nuts, and quince seeds daily to re establish sexual vigor. Raisins may be boiled in milk and consumed daily.
- Massing the whole body with Ayurvedic herbal oils helps in treating erectile dysfunction by rejuvenating the body, improving circulation and increasing physical strength for better sex.
Prevention and Tips
- Quitting smoking is a must as smoking disrupts the blood flow. One should avoid alcohol as much as possible as it effects the erection quality
- It is very important to maintain a proper gap between each intercourse for sustaining the erections of penis.
- Medicines vary according to the person and his symptoms. ED can easily be corrected with proper treatment. It is very important for the person to discuss his problem with his partner and reassurance.
- Physical intimacy is very important in a relationship and sexual frustration can strain the relationship so it should be taken care of wisely.