In this shloka causes of the decrease in the mamsa dhatu are explained.
- Debility of the sense organs
- Emaciation of cheeks and buttocks
- Painful joints
(Reference: Ashtanga Hridaya (Sutra sthan) Chapter: 11 and shloka no.:17)
- Limb-girdle muscular dystrophy is among the group of diseases which can cause muscle wasting and general weakness in the lower and upper limbs. The affected muscles are closest to the proximal muscles, specifically the muscles of the shoulders, upper arms, pelvic area, and thighs.
- LGMD2A is an autosomal recessive form of limb-girdle muscular dystrophy and is one of the most common forms. It commonly affects the age group of 8 to 15 and also can range between 2 to 50 years.
What are the causes of limb-girdle muscular dystrophy type 2a?
- Limb-girdle muscular dystrophy type 2a is caused due to the mutations in the calpain3 gene which gives instructions to produce a protein which is important for the muscle fibers.
What are the main symptoms of limb-girdle muscular dystrophy type 2a?
• Muscle weakness usually on both sides of the body
• Muscle wasting in the hip, shoulder, and thighs (loss of muscle bulk)
• Difficulty in running and climbing upstairs
• Frequent falls
• As the condition progresses the patient may have problems with walking.
• Difficulty in raising the arms above the head and shoulders due to the shoulder and arm weakness
• Complaining of muscle pain especially in the lower limbs (legs)
• Joint stiffness may be present that most frequently involves the ankles.
• No involvement of facial and neck muscles, therefore, the problems related to it are unlikely.
• The patient also experiences breathing difficulties with the progression of this condition.
• Difficulty in sleeping
• Headache after waking up in the morning
• Loss of appetite
• Falling asleep during the day
Natural management for limb girdle muscular dystrophy type 2a:
- Planet Ayurveda comes up with the wonderful herbal remedies for the management of limb-girdle muscular dystrophy type 2 such as limb-girdle muscular dystrophy care pack. These capsules are 100% pure, natural and are free from additives, fillers, chemicals and have no side effects. These are purely vegetarian and are not tested on any animal.
1. Yograj guggul:
- Yograj guggul is used to treat musculoskeletal disorders. According to Ayurveda, it is useful in the treatment of Vata and Kapha related disorders.LGMD type 2 is the most painful condition of the nerves which is accompanied by loss of sensation, muscle weakness, limited movements and mobility, pain and stiffness.
- These tablets boost up the immunity and treat muscle-related disorders. It relieves limb-girdle muscular dystrophy type 2 a, fibromyalgia, nerve damage, and cervical spondylitis. It also improves the body’s strength and digestive power.
Dosage: 2 tablets two times a day with plain water after meals.
2. Ashwagandha capsules:
- Ashwagandha has been used in Ayurveda since ages. According to Ayurveda, it pacifies all the three doshas in the body. Being an adaptogenic agent it increases the body’s resistance. These capsules are formulated with the root extract of pure and natural ashwagandha herb which relieves pain as well as inflammation
- . The proper use of ashwagandha depends upon several factors such as the age, health of the patients and the severity of the symptoms. It is useful in treating symptoms such as muscle weakness and pain, joint stiffness, etc.
Dosage: 2 capsules two times a day with water after meals.
3. Atirasadi churna:
- Atirasadi churna is a potent combination of rejuvenating herbs which has been used in Ayurveda from long time. The herbs present in it are gokshura, Shatavari, kali musli, Safed musli, akarkara, Shatavari, Kesar, Jaipal, varahi kand, vidari kand, and taalmakhana.
- These herbs act in a synergistic manner and treat general weakness and fatigue. According to Ayurveda, it pacifies Vata dosha, balances pitta dosha and nourishes Kapha Dosha. It also supports the dhatu function naturally and normalizes the metabolism of tissues.
Dosage: 1 tsp two times a day with plain water after meals.
4. Balaswagandhadi tail:
- Balaswagandhadi tail is formulated based on the principles of Ayurveda. According to Ayurveda, it is useful in treating vata related diseases such as neuralgia, cervical spondylitis, limb girdle muscular dystrophy type 2a, etc.
- ingredients present it are bala, usheera, choraka, jalada, mastu, Chandana, madhuka, manjistha, Haridra, padmakesara, etc. This formulation provides strength to the muscles and improves the quality of blood.
Usage: For local application only. Apply it on the affected area twice a day.