It is such a viral fever which is self emitting illness and is usually associated with creating havoc when it outbreaks. It creates a catastrophe which mostly happens in tropical nations of Africa and South East Asia. But is spreading to some western countries too, and it has shown its effects all over the globe, especially in temperate zones. Recently it did outbreak in Europe and USA, drawing global attention. Even it has affected the tourism industry by its rapid spread.
Basically, Chikungunya (CHIK) is a disease given by a virus belonging to the family of Togaviridae. When it strikes a person, you get high fever along with rashes and arthralgia, especially in the small joints of hands & toes.It did outbreak in Tanzania in 1952-53 and spread to sub-Saharan Africa, South East Asia and countries who share the coastal line with Pacific ocean. It did attack Asia in 1958 in Bangkok and it spread its feet in India in 1960 and created massive epidemics during the 70s mostly in cities. After a period of 32 years, it exploded once again affecting more than 1.4 million persons in different states.
Many clinicopathological complications were witnessed by this devastating disease causing deaths of mother & child due to transmission. It’s acute arthralgia & huge morbidity made most of its patients weak, both physically and mentally. A recent outbreak highlights various clinicopathological aspects.
Chikungunya infections are taken seriously because it recurs persistently in the last decade. Its infection can linger on for many years. It might not be as strong as dengue, but can persist for a long periods and has many side effects. Dengue can reach a stage which can make your condition in a critical stage, chikungunya is a little milder.
Mosquitoes just don’t fly aimlesslybut also bite you and spread some of the deadly diseases like malaria, dengue, and chikungunya. Chikungunya also outbreaks and spreads at a hectic pace, even in the areas that already are under the infection of dengue or malaria. Many chikungunya patients are not able to walk normally, because the joints feel a severe pain that can last for a long time.
What Are The Causes Of Chikungunya Fever
- The first & foremost problem is that its symptoms resemble the Symptoms of Dengue or Zika. Mostly it gets misdiagnosed, especially in the regions where its outbreak is on some frequent occasions. The areas where you have stagnant water and are mosquito breeding sites, Chikungunya and other mosquito-borne diseases break out quite frequently. If not detected on time, may not reflect later, even while doing the lab tests.
Mainly the Dengue is caused by a mosquito which is of Aedes group, so is chikungunya.
There are 2 kinds of mosquitoes:
- Aedes mosquito is the reason of infection of both these diseases. They bite you early in the morning or during the afternoon. They also perform outdoors.
- Whereas Aegypti is known to travel indoors and bite you.The moment you get bitten, within the next 4 – 8 days you begin feeling sick, but in some cases, 2 days are more than enough. Once in a blue moon, these begin appearing after 12 days of the bite.
- Fever ambushes your body, followed by severe pain in the joints. This pain lingers on for long periods and causes swelling in these areas.
- Swelling can be treated with various medicines, but the pain doesn’t seem to go alongside, but keep lingering, making you walk improperly. Sometimes it lingers on for months at a stretch, whereas chikungunya fever, might be severe or mild, and has a definite period. Mostly in such cases the patients seem to have come out of the clutches of chikungunya.
- In some cases patients often complain about its effect on their eyes, heart, also gastrointestinal complaints and neurological complaints. If the patient is in his/her advanced age, meaning he/she is a bit old, it can prove to be fatal for them.
The most common symptoms for Chikungunya are:
- Aching joints
- Swelling on hands and feet
What are The Treatments for Chikungunya Fever
If you are infected by chikungunya, you should take Ayurvedic treatment, as Ayurveda never has any side effects and makes your immune system so strong that it can nip this infection in the bud. Opt for Planet Ayurveda’s Herbal Remedies that can heal your chikungunya more effectively like:
1. Giloy Capsules
- Giloy Capsules which are made from the extract of the herb Giloy. It is also called amrita (Elixir of life) due to its medicinal properties.
Dose: 1 capsule is prescribed a day, which needs to be taken after 30mins of the meals.
2.Joint Aid Plus
- You can also have Joint Aid Plus,that is made to reduce the severe pain that one feels during and after chikungunya is over. It’s pain lasts for months, but this Joint Aid helps in reducing the pain sooner. It has the herbal extract of Nirgundi, Ashwagandha, Shallaki, Sonth, and Guggul.
Dose: 2 capsules twice a day with plain water after 30mins of the meals is recommended.
3. Boswellia Curcumin
- You can also have Boswellia Curcumin, which is made from the extracts of Shallaki and Curcumin. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial properties and is able to restore healthy conditions.
Dose: 2 capsules twice a day with plain water after30mins of the meals is recommended
- You can also opt to have Gandhak Rasayan, which is made from shudh gandhak, meaning authentic sulphur. It has an amazing property to remove all the toxins from the body, enhancing immune health.
Dose: 2 tablets twice daily with plain water after 30mins of the meals is recommended
5. Hakam Churna:
- Hakam Churna has the combination of different herbs that are helpful in relieving joint pain, back pain and therefore is a useful remedy for chikungunya. It is a mixture of dried extracts of various herbs such as Chandershoor, Kalonji, Methi and Ajwain. It provides relief from joint pains associated with chikungunya and therefore there is no need of taking painkillers.
Dose: 3-5 gm powder with plain water after meals is recommended.
Diet,Prevention & Tips
- Alter your diet as prescribed by your doctor and follow it strictly as suggested by your doctor, if you need to heal from chikungunya disease.
- There are some tips to be avoided for getting infected by chikungunya, follow them and you are in safe hands, such as:
- Keep your area clean and see that no water gets collected near your premises, whether it is your house or the place where you do the job.
- Flush out all the water collection points like coolers, tyres, corners etc.
- Minimize the use of scented shampoos, creams as mosquitoes get attracted to them.
- Be alert and protect your body from mosquito bites.
- Consume more fluids like fresh juices, soups or pulses.
- Your diet must have homely cooked fresh vegetables.
- Avoid having tea, coffee and oily or fried foods.
- If you still have a problem, better click on the website www.planetayurveda.com and rectify your problem with an experienced, qualified and a renowned doctor and have conversation on the phone, which is available in the site. We wish to see everybody on this globe to enjoy a healthy life style.