Green tea is one of the healthiest beverages on this globe. It is believed to be an anti-aging beverage, which is loaded with anti-oxidants and nutrients that prove to be superb both for your body and mind. These also include improved brain function, fat loss, reducing the risk of cancer and many other impressive benefits. This beverage has multiple benefits like it lowers high blood pressure and prevents cancer.
Since centuries ago green tea has been believed to be a medicine that cures many diseases. Actually it is a native of China, but is spread all over Asia in the present times.
The reason why green tea has more health benefits attached to it rather than black tea is due to its processing method. Black tea, when processed in such a way that allows fermentation, whereas in the case of green tea’s processing, the fermentation process is avoided. Thus, green tea retains the maximum number of anti-oxidants and polyphenols, these are the two micronutrients that give green tea an edge over other drinks.
Impressive Health Benefits of Green Tea are:
1.Keeps you healthy: Green tea leaves are the ones that make it to the final drink and they contain an immense amount of nutrients. It has an abundance of polyphenols that help in reducing inflammation and fight cancer. It also has a large amount of catechin called EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate). Catechin is a natural anti-oxidant that prevents cell damage and provides many other benefits. They snub the accumulation of free radicals that are always present in the body, thus protect the cells and molecules of the body. These free radicals are known to create many kinds of infections and are responsible for producing aging effects. Green tea’s ingredient EGCG is the most powerful compound that provides it with so many medicinal qualities. Minerals are also essential for good health, green tea has a fair amount. If you are looking to go green, search for a green tea of high quality because low-quality green tea has excessive amounts of fluoride. Even then it has more benefits that you never get any kind of infection.
2. Green Tea Can Enhance Your Brain Function and Make You Smarter: It not only awakes you but makes you sharp as it contains caffeine, not as much as in coffee, but enough to make you act instantly and not giving you jittery effects which are created when the caffeine is taken in excess.
Caffeine functions in the brain by snapping an inhibitory neurotransmitter called Adenosine. It actually promotes the firing of neurons and the production of neurotransmitters like dopamine and norepinephrine. Caffeine in a limited amount consistently leads to improvements in many aspects of brain function, such as improves mood, reaction time, vigilance and memory. You just act spontaneously. It also contains an amino acid L-theanine that is able to cross the blood-brain barrier. L-theanine enhances the activities of neurotransmitter GABA that reduces the anxiety effects. It also enhances dopamine and is the factor for the production of alpha waves in the brain.
Research shows that caffeine and L-theanine have tandem effects. This combination is particularly potent in making the brain more active. Because it has L-theanine and a restricted dose of caffeine, green tea can give you a much gentle and different kind of ‘buzz’ than coffee. Many people practically enjoy sipping green tea a lot than taking coffee.
3. May Protect Your Brain in Old Age, Lowering the Risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s: Green tea not only improves the brain function for a short term but also keeps your brain in a healthy condition during the old age, thus reducing Alzheimer’s disease which is the most usual neurodegenerative disease in human beings that causes dementia. Parkinson’s disease is the 2nd most common neurodegenerative disease and it is responsible for causing the death of dopamine-producing neurons in the brain. The catechin compounds that are present in green tea have numerous protective effects on neurons, potentially lowering the risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
4. Enhances Fat Burning and Improves Physical Performance: Green tea increases fat burning and boosts the metabolic rate in humans. A practical was conducted on 10 healthy men and it enhanced their strength by 4%. It also increased the fat oxidation by 17%, but mostly these effects differ on different human beings. It has a fair amount of caffeine in it that improves the physical activity by mobilizing the fatty acids from the fat tissues and presenting them to be used in positive energy. On average caffeine has improved physical activity by 11 – 12%.
5. Green Tea has Anti-oxidants that May Lower Your Risk of Some Kind of Cancer: Usually cancer happens due to uncontrolled build-up of cells. Cancer is the main reason to cause so many deaths on this globe. It is a well-known fact that oxidative damage plays the main role in creating cancer and anti-oxidants present in the green tea act as a protective gear. Green tea is an impeccable source of strong antioxidants, which it appears to save you from:
- Breast cancer: A detailed analysis of vigilant research found that females who drank green tea had a 20-30% lower risk of growing breast cancer, the most common cancer found in females.
- Prostate cancer: A study found that males drinking green tea had a 48% lower risk of developing prostate cancer that is the most common cancer in males.
- Colorectal cancer: An analysis was carried out on humans of both genders, it showed that those drinking green tea were up to 42% less likely to develop colorectal cancer.
Several vigilant studies have been done that showed that green tea drinkers have lower chances of developing many types of cancer. But still, more high-quality research is needed to confirm these effects.
It becomes more important to keep it in mind that it may be a bad gesture to put milk in your tea, because some studies have suggested that it reduces its anti-oxidant value.
Green tea has lots of other benefits like it can kill bacteria, improves dental health and lowers your risk of infection, lowers your risk of type 2 diabetes, reduces your risk of cardiovascular disease, can help you lose weight and lowers your risk of obesity and may help you live longer in a healthy way to enjoy the life in an enthusiastic way. If you want to enjoy in life, lose weight and lower your risk of chronic diseases, you might want to consider making green tea a habitual part of your life.