We cannot say that vaccines are useless just because its effectiveness is not 100 percent. As vaccines are the reasons that today we are free from many diseases like smallpox which at one time were major health concerns. Smallpox took many lives at that time and it was the vaccines which helped in eradicating several diseases. But the case with flu shots is different from vaccines. The risk rate and factors attached to it are not worthy to take. You might have come through the people who got these flu shots still got sick. You probably may not know that vaccines which are effective in one season (when you got one of those flu shots) may increase the risk of the flu in next season.
Now the question arises that how does it increase the risk to get flu in the subsequent season. So, the answer lies with the “antibody-dependent enhancement”.
What is an Antibody-Dependent Enhancement and How Does it Increase the Risk to Get the Flu?
So, if you get a flu shot in or before the season of the flu in order to prevent the flu than a certain chain of mechanisms takes place in the body.
- When a flu shot is injected into your body it triggers an immune reaction in your body. Antibodies are developed against the certain type of virus which is introduced in your body (which is in inactivated form). So, when during this season you come into contact which the same virus your body recognizes it and destroys the virus in early stages itself.
- These flu viruses have many subtypes and when another subtype of the virus attacks you in next season, the body’s immune system gets tricked. Antibodies recognize the virus and get attached to them. But cannot inactivate them.
- Due to immune response, many macrophages reach the site of infection and ultimately gets infected by the active virus. This is a result of a more severe form of the infection.
If even this does not convince you to avoid taking flu shots than there are many other factors you must go through before folding up the sleeve to take up the flu shot.
Flu shots also consist of many toxins which can harm your body adversely.
- Thimerosal is a form of preservative which is used to prevent contamination of vial containing a multi-dose vaccine. It consists of 49.6% mercury and mercury is known to decrease the function of the brain. This may lead to weakness of muscles and even organ failure.
- Triton X 100 is a chemical compound which is used in flu vaccines to prevent precipitation of biomolecules. This chemical compound is known to possess many harmful effects like decreasing sperm count.
- Polysorbate 80 is a stabilizer used in flu shot which unfortunately can even break down the blood-brain barrier resulting in stroke, heart attack, blood clot, and even death in severe cases.
- Formaldehyde is regarded as a carcinogen, i.e. cancer-causing substance by environmental protection agency. After reading these points you may evaluate yourself the risk you are taking on your health by going for the flu shots.
But the next question comes here is, if not flu shots than what? As there is a need for something which prevents the flu without posing any health risk. So, it’s a high time to go with nature and natural things.
There are various herbs which work wonderfully in treating and preventing flu-like Indian gooseberry (Emblica Officinalis), Bhumi amla (Phyllanthus Niruri), Grape (Vitis vinifera), Tulsi (Ocimum Tenuiflorum), Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera), Ginger (giber Zingiber officinale), Turmeric (Curcuma longa), Giloy (Tinospora Cordifolia), Shilajit (Asphaltum), and Cow colostrum. Planet Ayurveda comes up with one of the similar herbal combinations called “Immune booster capsules”. These capsules are full of natural herbs which effectively enhances the immunity and increases the body’s strength to fight against infections and diseases. These capsules are completely natural and vegetarian. They are not tested upon any animal and do not contain any chemicals, additives, and preservatives.
Immune Booster Capsules
These are the multi-herb capsules which are enriched with immune boosting qualities, as its name implies. It consists of the following herbs
1. . Grape Seed (Vitis Vinifera)
- Grape is enriched with vitamin C.
- It boosts up the immunity and prevents diseases naturally.
- Grapes have high antioxidant content which helps in repairing the cell damage caused by oxidative stress causing harmful molecules, i.e. free radicals.
- Certain compounds present in grapes help to protect against certain cancers.
- It lowers blood pressure and reduces cholesterol.
2. Go-Piyush (Bovine Colostrum)
- It is milk which is collected from a cow that has recently given birth to a calf. So, it is considered as first milk after delivery.
- The immune system is strengthened and built up by it.
- It prevents certain diseases and is filled with various proteins, micronutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
- Bovine colostrum consists of a high-quality protein which is highly absorbed in cells.
- It fights against infections and helps to build muscle mass.
3. Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus Niruri)
- It is full of antioxidants and helps to fight against various infections.
- Bhumi Amla enhances immunity and also helps to treat various health ailments like liver and skin disorder.
- This herb acts as a blood purifier which removes toxins from the blood and body.
- It enhances healing and helps to relieve pain.
- Diabetes can also be managed with the proper consumption of Bhumi amla.
4. Amalaki (Emblica Officinalis)
- It is strong antioxidant found in nature which eliminates free radicals from the body. This herb prevents and treats various diseases.
- Amalaki supports digestion and healthy metabolism overall.
- It nourishes the respiratory system as well as the heart.
- The immune system is boosted up by it.
Dosage- Take 1 to 2 capsules one or two times a day after meals with plain water.