Piles (Hemorrhoids) is of two types, internal and external. Internal piles are not visible while external piles protrude out of the anus. In this disease, when bleeding occurs while passing stool, it is known as bleeding piles. There is the loss of so much blood in piles that the patient becomes anxious T about looking at it. In external piles, this mass of piles becomes swollen which causes itching pain and burning. In this article, we will learn the home treatment for hemorrhoids.
- Take a half or two key lime juice in the form of an enema. Lie down for sometime after doing 10-15 contractions and then go to the loo. Use it once in every four or five days. Doing this only for three-time helps in piles as it eases the inflammation.
- Continuous intake of 2 to 5 grams of powder of Myrobalan (Terminalia chebula) and applying castor oil on piles, benefits a lot as it has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Dry the root of bitter apple or put root of oleander in water. Then apply it on piles. This benefits a lot in piles.
- Neem oil, by applying on piles and drinking 4-5 drops of it every day is beneficial it detoxifies the toxins, eases the inflammation,and reduces the itching .
- Make the powder by boiling and drying the Jimikand. 32 small pieces of this powder, 16 pieces of Plumbago, dried ginger 4gm, black pepper 2gm, jaggery 108 and so on. Mix all these and make small plum-like pills. This is known as Suranvatak. Eating 3-3 tablets in the morning and evening is beneficial in piles.
- Take about two liters of fresh buttermilk and add 50 grams of cumin seeds powder and some salt to it. Whenever you feel thirsty drink it instead of water. Take this buttermilk in place ofwater allday long.Repeat this procedure for 4 days. Piles will go away. It is good to continue the procedure for seven days.
- In buttermilk, add dried ginger powder, rock salt, pistachio, cumin seeds, and a little asafetida. It provides relief in piles.
- Leave 100 grams of raisins in the water to swell up. And then in the morning stir the raisins in the same water and take it. Use it for a few days continuously. It is extremely beneficial in hemorrhoids.
- Dry the inner part of the seed of mango and black plum. Then make powder of these two. And then take one spoon of this powder with lukewarm water or buttermilk (Matha) daily for a few days. It will benefit you.
- Start drinking 8-10 glasses of water every day.
What to eat in piles?
- Bitter gourd juice, buttermilk, water.
- Oatmeal, yogurt, rice, porridge, ghee moong dal.
- Eating guava after meals are also beneficial.
- In fruits eat a banana, coconut, gooseberry, fig, pomegranate, papaya.
- In vegetables eat spinach carrots, beets, tomatoes, ridge gourd, yam, radish.
What to avoid in piles?
In the treatment of Piles, it is more important to know what not to eat than what to eat.
- Refrain from spicy food.
- Do not eat meat, fish, urad dal, stale and sour food.
- Avoid canned food, potatoes, eggplant.
- Don’t take alcohol, Tobacco.
- Exclude excess tea and coffee intake
Tips to prevent hemorrhoids
Friends, many people are affected by this disease but we can avoid this by taking care of some things.
- Avoid bad eating habits like smoking and alcohol
- Prevent yourself from diseases related to stomach.
- The constipation is a major cause of hemorrhoids, so prevent yourself from getting constipated
- In the summer season the water tank water gets heated in the afternoon, avoid washing anus with it
Some basic home remedies
Intake of the following things gives relief in piles in a very natural way:
- Take the power of the Indian gooseberry or Triphala with the honey or curd, morning and evening daily.
- Take Pomegranate peel powder three times a day with water.
- Taking decoction of the bark of pomegranate tree with sugar candy and dried ginger helps in piles.
- Mix radish juice with salt and have it.
- Grind 1 spoonful of fenugreek and add one spoon turmeric and black salt in 300 ml goat milk and drink it.
- Take 3- 4 ripe guavas in the morning.
- Take Carrot and spinach juice.
- Take powder of long pepper with honey.
- Make powder of black cardamom by burning it and take this in afternoon and evening.
- Take juice of Indian rosewood.
- Take black sesame seeds with butter.
- Intake of the juice of bitter melon with sugar candy.
- Take ghee and sugar candy in onion juice.
- Have powder of Terminalia chebula with jaggery.
- Drink castor oil.
- Consume juice of pumpkin.
- Daily intake of black grapes is best.
- Eat banana twice a week for two months.
- Take homeopathic medicines nux vomica 30 2-5 drops in the night and
sulphur200 once a week thrice a day 2 drops each time. Nux vomica relieves piles caused by a sedentary lifestyle, drinking and overeating, especially spicy and rich foods and alcohol. While Sulphur relieves itching, burning, oozing hemorrhoids accompanied by a feeling of fullness and pressure in the abdomen.
Following liniments for piles
- Red alum and mustard for oil warts.
- Liniment of neem and oleander leaves.
- Liniment of turmeric and bitter ridge gourd.
Homeopathic ointments for hemorrhoids
- Negundiam Americana Q-1 Dram, Vaseline-an ounce. Mix it well. This is an ointment. Apply this ointment 2-3 times daily. It will help in treating piles.
officinalisQ-1 Dram, Vaseline-an ounce. Mix them. Daily applying some of the ointment 2-3 times provides relief.
- Aesculus hippocastanum Q-1 Dram, Vaseline- an ounce. Mix them. Applying 2-3 times daily gives relief. It relieves hemorrhoids with sore aching and swollen feeling.
- Asoka Q-1 Dram, Vaseline-an ounce. Applying this for 2-3 times daily gives relief in bleeding piles.
- Hamamelis Q-1 Dram, Vaseline-an ounce. Mix them. Applying this for 2-3 times daily gives relief in bleeding piles.
Herbal remedies by Planet Ayurveda for piles
Planet Ayurveda comes up with Piles care
Piles Care Pack
It comprises of 5 herbal remedies, namely Sanjivani Vati, Vara Churna, Piles Off Capsules, Kachnaar Guggul, Nirgundi Oil and Drift Ointment.
These tablets are made from various herbs like Embelia ribes (Vidanga), Zingiber officinale (Ginger root), Piper longum (Pippali), Terminalia chebula (Haritaki) etc. It clears the blockages in the body by removing toxins. These tablets have digestion stimulative and carminative action which help in preventing formation of gas, acidity and constipation and maintain proper digestion. Hence it is proved to be a wonderful remedy for piles.
Dosage- Take 2 tablets three times a day after 30 mins of the meals with plain water.
This churna is a herbal blend of Terminalia chebula (Pathya), Emblica officinalis (Dhatri) and Terminalia
Dosage- Take 1 teaspoonful twice a day after 30 mins of the meals with warm water.
Piles Off Capsules
As its name implies this is a specific remedy for piles which treats piles gently and herbally. Piles off capsules are herbal combination of Haridra (Curcuma longa), Trikatu (Ginger, long pepper and black pepper), Sajji kshaar (Sodium bicarbonate) etc. Along with relieving the symptoms of piles these capsules eradicate the root of the disease, preventing it from coming back.
Dosage- Take 2 capsules two times a day after 30 mins of the meals with plain water.
Kachnaar guggul is made from various herbs like Kachnaar bark (Bauhinia variegata), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica) etc. These herbal tablets have antioxidant, astringent and anthelmintic action which detoxify the body, prevent and stop bleeding and eliminate worms from the intestines, respectively.
Dosage- Take 2 tablets two times a day after 30 mins of the meals with plain water.
Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia), Kalihari (Gloriosa superba), Nirgundi (Vitex negundo), and Haridra (Curcuma longa). This oil makes piles to shrink and shed them off naturally. It also reduces swelling and relieves pain and treat abscess.
Usage- For external use as directed by the physician.
This ointment consists of Nirgundi beej (Vitex negundo), Bhringraj (Eclipta alba) and Lajjavanti (Mimosa pudica). Drift ointment relieves pain and swelling associated with piles.
Usage- For external use as directed by physician.