Acne is one of the most common skin condition all over the world. The severity of acne can vary from just a few spots to large clusters of the affected areas.
What are the characteristics of acne on the back?
Oily skin, blackheads, red spots, yellow pus-filled pimples, and scars are the characteristics of the acne on the back.
The reason of acne on the back is the closure of the pores of the skin.
- One of the main reasons for the acne on the back is the closure of the pores of the skin. Due to the excessive secretion of oil from the sebaceous glands, then the pores of the skin become blocked which results in the acne at the back.
- Another reason for acne on the back is the deposition of dead skin cells on the body. Therefore, it is necessary to exfoliate the skin periodically. Due to the deposition of dead skin cells on the back, there is a problem in the circulation of the back which causes the problems of acne.
What are the causes of Acne on the back?
The main cause of acne on the back is constipation. Due to constipation, acne occurs in different parts of the body.
2. Hormonal Imbalance:
Another cause of acne on the back is the imbalance of the hormones. Intake of certain medications also causes hormonal imbalance which is the cause of acne.
3. Excessive Intake of Tea and Coffee:
Acne on the back also occurs due to the excessive consumption of tea and coffee which results in the production of sebum in excessive amount.
4. Dust and Pollution:
One of the other and common causes of acne on the back is dust and pollution.
5. Excessive Sweating:
Persons who suffer from excessive sweating tend to have acne on the back. They are more prone to acne in the summer season.
What are the Home Remedies for acne on the back?
Cucumber is coolant in nature and helps in treating acne. It also helps in hydrating the skin and also opens the blocked skin pores. Grate cucumber and apply on the back and leave it for a while. Wash the area with plain water.
In addition to improving taste, onion is also helpful in treating acne as it has anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties. If there are spots or patches on the skin, then the use of onion is very beneficial.
How to use:
Take onion juice, add lemon juice and honey to it and apply on the back. Wash the area with plain water after half an hour.
Like an onion, nutmeg has anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties. That’s why it is useful in the treatment of acne on the back. Grate nutmeg, add honey and cinnamon to make a mixture. Apply on the affected area for 20-25 minutes and wash the area with plain water.
4. Fuller’s Earth (Multani Mitti):
To control the secretion from the gland, fuller’s earth is beneficial. Add water to fuller’s earth to make a paste and apply on the affected area. Keep it applied till it gets dried up. It helps in absorbing the excessive oil and opens the pores of the skin which is quite helpful in removing the acne of the back.
5. Aloe vera:
Aloe vera gel is quite effective in treating the acne of the back. Take fresh aloe vera leaf and extract its gel. Add pulp of tomato to it. Apply this mixture on the back and leave it for some time. Wash the area with cold water.
In addition to home remedies, there are certain ways to reduce acne on the back.
1. First of all, do not consume excessive oil, ghee and spicy food.
2. Wear comfortable clothes and do not hang such thing on the shoulder whose rubbing aggravates the condition of acne on the back.
3. Do not stay in sweat for long periods of time. After sporting activity, bathing is recommended.
4. Scrubbing of the skin on the back is recommended. Since the skin at the back is thicker than the skin of the face so the scrubbing should be done in the right way is helpful in expelling out the dead skin cells and relieves acne.
5. The fragrance of detergent bar irritates the skin and makes it rough also. So, to prevent acne, always use a mild detergent.
6. Avoid using oil based cosmetics on the back.
7. Stress is also a major cause of acne. So, avoid stress and take proper sleep.
8. Consumption of water is also necessary to prevent acne. To avoid pimples, drink 10-12 glasses of water every day.
9. Avoid excessive consumption of sweet, hot and tea/coffee.
10. Some people tend to scratch, rub or suppress the acne. Do not suppress or rub the acne.
How Planet Ayurveda helps in treating acne on the back?
Planet Ayurveda offers herbal remedies which are safe, effective and treats acne by eliminating the root cause.
Herbal Remedies by Planet Ayurveda are:
- Radiant Skin Hair Nail Formula Capsules
- Gandhak Rasayan
- Planet Tea tree scrub mixed with Natural Glow Powder
- Neem oil
1. Radiant Skin Hair Nail Formula:
These capsules contain the standardized extracts of the herbs that work internally to relieve skin problems such as acne. This product of Planet Ayurveda works wonderfully to relieve the acne on the back naturally without causing any side effects.
Ingredients of Radiant Skin Hair Nail Formula Capsules are:
|Sr. No.||Botanical Name||Indian Name||Quantity|
|1.||Rubia cordifolia||Manjistha||200 mg|
|2.||Fumaria officinalis||Pit papda||100 mg|
|3.||Swertia chiretta||Chirata||100 mg|
|4.||Aloe barbadensis||Ghrit Kumari|| 100 mg |
Dose: 1-2 capsules twice daily with plain water after 30 mins of the meals.
2. Gandhak Rasayan:
Planet Ayurveda’s Gandhak Rasayan is prepared using the purified sulphur. This herbal supplement is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory in nature and is considered a good remedy for the treatment of all the skin disorders. It purifies the blood thus helps in the treatment of acne and pimples. This medicine is also useful in itching associated with acne.
Dose: 2 tablets twice daily with plain water after 30 mins of the meals.
3. Green Tea-Aloe with Natural Glow Powder:
Green Tea-Aloe scrub is 100% vegan product which removes the dead skin cells and reveals a fresher, toned and revitalized skin. Therefore, it acts as a mild exfoliating agent and removes dead and dull skin.
Planet Ayurveda’s Natural Glow Powder works wonderfully on the outer skin and makes it glow healthily. This face pack is specially designed to balance the pH of the skin and to get rid of pimples and acne.
Ingredients used in Natural Glow Powder are:
|Sr. No.||Botanical Name||Common Name||Quantity (100 gm pack)|
|1.||Pterocarpus satalinus||Chandan||50 gm|
|2.||Fuller’s mud||Multani Mitti||20 gm|
|3.||Curcuma longa||Haridra||10 gm|
|4.||Cucumis sativus||Cucumber seeds||10 gm|
|5.||Citrus sinensis||Orange peel||10 gm|
How to use: Mix these two ingredients to make a paste. Keep it applied on the affected area till it becomes dry and wash with plain water.
4. Neem Oil:
Neem is a well-known blood purifier and detoxifying herb. The anti-inflammatory properties of neem oil is used to treat swelling, redness, and pain associated with acne outbreaks.
How to use: Apply externally on the affected area.
The use of this pack will help to get rid of acne as it will cure the internal causes of it.