Which Herbs That Can Boost Your Memory Power ?
Are you losing concentration? Head feels full of clouds or foggy? You’re not alone. Almost everybody have the experience about the brain fog and mental cloudiness at one point or another in our busy schedules. Our brains play a key role in how we work, and when we work. The brain is such an organ that keeps working 24X7, even when we sleep. The body gets tired and needs rest whereas the brain gets no chance to take rest.
Most people believe that memory loss is inevitable with the age, but in fact this is not true. Memory loss is not a bliss, but bad business. Memory loss can happen at any age, sometimes the younger people also feeling the memory loss during some time or the other. Some of the factors that are guilty of causing memory loss can be drug or alcohol abuse, depression, tension, lack of enough sleep, prescribed medicinal reactions, overwork, head injuries, stroke or nutritional deficiency
Sometimes we feel that we do not do the job as expected by the boss and the colleagues and loose concentration from the jobs that are assigned to us, making our task more difficult. There are some herbs bestowed by nature that help in boosting the memory and keeps the brain intact, which keeps functioning normally.
Which Herbs That Can Boost Your Memory Power ?
- Feeling lethargic from working over time or are strung out or are you flying as high as a kite? If yes, then Ashwagandha is the only herbal factor that can sooth your nerves. Since ancient times this remedy is used for enhancing the brain power and rejuvenate your body. A recent research tells us that this herb helps the nerve cells, which are within the hippocampus in theright manner.
- This herb heals the nervous exhaustion and saves the brain cells from being getting deteriorated. Ashwagandha provides some additional benefits like enhancing the strength of your immune system.
- If you are working too intensively that you are burning the candle at both ends, that you feel burnt out after finishing the job, then Ashwagandha is the herb that is the best product of nature to sooth your nerves. It clears the brain that begins thinking in a positive manner and acts spontaneously. Psychologically you tend to become stronger and perform accordingly.
- Also called Indian Pennywort, Gotu Kola has amazing strength to improve brain functions and enhance memory. Since centuries this herb is used to rejuvenate both mind and body and it has proved it.
- Many consider this herb as anti aging. It became famous because it speeds up the blood circulation, thus making the brain get enough oxidative blood that supports the memory function & also improve the concentration.
- This herb is also popular for being adaptogen, meaning this herb is capable of handling any kind of stress more effectively, something that helps in obtaining the mental clarity.
- Vacha is a herb that is used since traditional times to heal nervous system disorders. But going by its powers it further enhances the clear thinking, focus and mental concentration.
- Vacha has a slight stimulating effect that is used to be given to the people who have negative or lethargic thinking. It helps in dealing with such people’s mood.
- It also detoxifies the brain tissue and provides them complete nourishment. It is considered an excellent tonic for human brains. This herb enhances the concentration and helps in sharpening the thinking process.
- This herb is beneficial for researchers, students, mediators, musicians and all those people who require a complete focus and concentrate hardly on their work.
- The herb eradicates the toxins from mind and the body. Vacha herb heals numerous mental disorders such as emotional imbalance, mental tension, laziness and headache. This brain booster herb is also used to heal Alzheimer’s disease. This mind enhancer herb proves its value by improving and enhancing memory, intelligence, confidence and cognition.
- Green tea consists of strong anti-oxidants like rosemary. Its extracts help to protect the proteins and lipids from the age related damage, which are caused by oxidation. In a research it was found to enhance the learning abilities in humans. This thing clearly indicates that it can save the hippocampus of the brain from the age old decline.
- A recent study indicated that green tea components help in reducing high fat and high fructose (HFFD), persuades insulin resistance and improves memory. The fact that how it enhances memory is because it contains polyphenols , which is anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and is called epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG). It saves the nerve cells which are being damaged by the present form of diets.
Brahmi (Bacopa monniera Linn)
- It is a herb that hails from India and is used since thousands of years in the Ayurvedic fields to treat many kinds of nervous disorders, particularly those where intellect, poor memory and anxiety were involved. These days it is promoted in the western countries as a tonic that enhances memory.
- Studies have shown that it contains many active ingredients, including many alkaloids and saponins, but still the main players that works more effectively are steroidal saponins, Bacosides A & B.
- You don’t find a concrete evidence on what Brahmi does with your brain, but practically it was tried and found to enhance the learning abilities in a shining discrimination task and restricted avoidance task. All these things are indicated by the presence of electroconvulsive shock and scopolamine.
- A recent study found out that this herb has an anti-oxidant effect in the brains. It is expected that it will enhance performance on tasks tapping long term memory.
- According to Ayurveda licorice eliminates the aggravated imbalances and often comes under the banner of memory booster, because it improves the analytical abilities of the brain. Even the modern science believes that this herb serves as a memory booster and mental rejuvenation.
- It helps to get nutrients to the central nervous system and also balances the high sugar level in blood. Its anti-oxidant components extracted from licorice’s root that are quite effective.
- A research stated that Licorice displays significantly enhanced learning and memory, for any brain conditions. Its protective quality can be attributed to its anti-oxidant properties by virtue of which helpless cells get exposed to less oxidative stress, this thing results in reduced brain damage and improved neuronal function thus improving the memory.
- There are many more herbs that can enhance your brain functions and improve memory but before proceeding consult your doctor first.