- It is a chronic disease that takes place in the large intestine (colon) where inflammation is created by a faulty immune response and it creates sores or ulcers in the lining of colon. The main goal of the modern medical sciences is to enhance the length of period between their flare ups, which do occur and the periods can take from days to weeks, weeks to months, months to years.
- The medications do try to extend the period by hook or crook and have lots of side effects, especially if taken for a long time and can cause numerous cosmetic, psychological, and hormonal problems.
- Many people don’t have the courage to bear these treatments, especially the kids. The adherence to poor medication is quite common, this is the reason majority is switching treatments in natural ways, through Ayurveda to be more precise.
Some organic herbal remedies help in enhancing the gut health and help in curing the ulcerative colitis.
- You can alter your diet by vanishing food allergens and optimizing living standards. A high percentage of people of European descent are allergic to gluten, a substance which is an ingredient of wheat. It is believed that gluten may aggravate UC symptoms, but this theory is yet to show a concrete evidence.
If you avoid eating some foods that enhance the frequency of flare ups. These are;
- processed foods
- high-carbohydrate foods
- sugar alcohols
low fat diet
- If you consume a low fat diet, it certainly can prolong a period of remission. Certain foods like Olive oil, omega-3 fatty acids, medium chain triglycerides are beneficial in eliminating UC.
high fiber intake
- A high fiber intake might help some people, it helps the bowels to attain their regular movements and might also improve the unchangeable stools.
- Vitamin C intake in high quantity may have a protective effect, and vitamin C-rich foods may make a longer remission phase.
Some of these foods that are beneficial are;
- bell pepper
Aloe Vera Gel:
- It is a drought resistant, stemless, thick and fleshy plant that has its use in almost all the commercial products like beverages, cosmetics, medicines, etc.
- This widely popular and cultivated ornamental plant, also known as the “Plant of Immortality”, has almost 99% of water. It’s gel has glycol-proteins that accelerate the process of healing and polysaccharides, which encourage the skin growth and repair.
Actually Ulcerative Colitis is an inflammatory bowel disease that causes inflammation and ulcers in the colon and rectum area. This ulcer leads to the creation of wounds that bleeds and leads to the creation of pus and mucus and thus the inflammation results in diarrhea.
It can be brought pain and can prove to be life-threatening. The symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis begin with abdominal pain, diarrhea, bleeding in the stools, lack of appetite, weight loss, mall-nourishment, fever, joint pains, anemia, etc.
Mainly Ulcerative Colitis happens due to genetic conditions. perplexed immune system reactions; diet that has a high amount of sugar, cholesterol, fat and environmental influences. Aloe Vera gel reduces the inflammation of UC’s patients.
It has the ingredients like aloin, aloesin and aloe-gel, which snub the concentration of the factors that cause inflammation. Aloesin is the main ingredient that reduces inflammation more effectively.
An experiment was conducted to judge the Aloe Vera effects and the patients with UC were given this gel, 100ml twice a day for a whole month. It displayed the immense reduction in the cellular symptoms, thus proving its worth to be a safe cure for UC.
- The wheat grass juice has been used for used since centuries to heal gastrointestinal and some other conditions but none knew its powers that cures a patient of UC, till now. Millions of patients with UC have shown a remarkable progress when a research was carried out.
- Sugar and carbohydrates are found guilty of promoting the growth of bacteria and yeast in the intestines that creates imbalanced circumstances that risk the creation of UC. Having red meats, proteins and the drinking of alcohol may also increase the risk of making a shadow of your former self in this disease.
- When you walk into a food store, restaurants, grocery store or juice bars, you tend to hear a loud grinding sound, in fact wheat grass is being macerated into a shot of green juice, mostly it is available in an ounce or 2. An ounce of wheat grass juice has the same amount of nutritional value as that of consuming 2 pounds of fresh veggies.
White rice with turmeric
- If you are unable to handle most foods during an Ulcerative Colitis flare up, you may wish to have with bland choices like cooked white rice. If you discover that the rice doesn’t have a flavor on its own, try sprinkling it with turmeric, the bright yellow powdered spice whose main ingredient, curcumin has displayed some benefits in the treatment of UC.
- Turmeric is widely used in Indian kitchens, which is the reason why the incidence of inflammatory bowel disease is less than in the United States or Europe.
- A small study was conducted in August 2015, researchers discovered that a curcumin supplement taken with their medication was helping in prolonging the period of next flare up in people with Ulcerative Colitis.
- Peanut butter is another sugar-free source that is full of proteins and healthy fats. Better choose a creamy peanut butter instead of a chunky one to avoid difficulty in digestion of nut pieces. Try having peanut butter along with the bread.
- If you’re not diabetic, you can get some proteins from yogurt, which also is a rich source of probiotics, live bacteria, which boosts the digestive system.
- Better stay alert and just buy yogurt that has live and active cultures in it, which is specified on the label.
- Avoid the kind of yogurt that has large fruit chunks, which could make the digestion difficult. It’s only fine when yogurt has fruit that’s soft, seedless, and blended in.
Other Home Remedies
There are some other home remedies that heal UC like cooked vegetables, ripe bananas and Apple sauce, water, and fruit juice to keep you hydrated. But it will be better if you seek the advice of an Ayurvedic expert.